- Piccolo, the UK’s largest Baby & Toddler Food Brand, expands popular Cooking range
- Baby and toddler cooking is a growing opportunity for innovation in the category, pioneered by Piccolo
- Piccolo Cooking performed well in 2020, selling over 4 million stir-in sauces (4 times the previous year)
- Expansion of the cooking range will launch in Sainsbury’s, Coop, Ocado & other large national retailers from this month
- RRPs range from £1.50 for single serve cooking sauces to £3 for gluten free pasta packs
Having developed the first ever scratch-cooking range designed specifically for babies and toddlers, Piccolo is expanding its offering following popular demand and introducing nine new family favourites to its collection.
What are the products?
With Piccolo’s stir-in sauces performing exceptionally well in 2020, Piccolo is bringing to market a greater selection of products to cook at home.
The new products include two flavoured and easy to prepare risottos, two gluten free pasta packs made with 100% vegetables, and brand new stir-in sauce flavours and sizes to cater for different cooking occasions.
As with all Piccolo products, these new SKUs are made using 100% organic produce, balanced ingredients and are low in salt and sugar.
Piccolo continues its mission to make nutritious food accessible for families everywhere, with the RRP of £1.50 for single serve cooking sauces to £3 for gluten free pasta meals.
These new products will be available in major retailers including Sainsburys, Coop & Ocado this month.
According to a recent survey run by Piccolo, parents are cooking at home now more than ever and Piccolo is the only brand to cater for this critical need state, setting themselves apart from others in the category.
The Piccolo Cooking range offers an easy solution for parents who want to provide healthy and tasty meals for their babies. All cooking products are organic, low in salt and sugar, plus the pasta range now includes gluten free options.
Piccolo Cooking ingredients have helped parents make 5 million home cooked meals since it launched July 2019, 4 million of which were served since the pandemic first hit the UK in March 2020: 4 times the previous year.
Cat Gazzoli, founder of Piccolo, comments:
“Parents have been cooking from scratch more than ever – in fact, 87% of parents confirmed they are now making ‘home cooked food’ for their babies¹. As life starts to get busy again, we want to encourage parents to keep cooking by providing easy to use healthy ingredients.
Following a successful year in 2020 for our cooking range, we saw this ‘Home Cooking’ trend as an opportunity to increase our offering, as the need for products which support parents’ cooking heightened.
Alongside the cooking range success in the grocery market, it has begun to dominate the way parents are shopping in convenience as well. Coop is the first big convenience retailer to stock our pastas, sauces & stock cubes, which is also being adopted by the new, innovative e-commerce convenience retailers such as Getir & Bother.”
Full product list:
- Piccolo Organic Pea & Courgette Risotto 150g RRP £2.75
- Piccolo Organic Tomato & Basil Risotto 150g RRP £2.75
- Piccolo Organic Gluten Free Baby Macaroni 350g RRP £3.00
- Piccolo Organic Gluten Free Gemmine 350g RRP £3.00
- Piccolo Organic Tomato Mascarpone Stir-in Sauce 120g RRP £1.50
- Piccolo Organic Tomato Batch Cooking 350g RRP £3.00
- Piccolo Organic Stir-In Sauces 120g RRP £1.50
- Classic Tomato
- Squash Mac & Cheese
- Beef Bolognese (previously 80g)
Extended range appearing from X May in:
- Sainsbury’s Coop and Ocado
- Farmdrop and Getir
- Planet Organic & Wholefoods
- & traditional wholesalers