Aquum, one of South London’s most popular bars, will be re-launching as a late night drinking, dining and dancing destination on Friday 7th October 2016, following a complete and extensive refurbishment. Moving on from its previous incarnation, the venue will feature a dedicated restaurant offering with an exciting and sophisticated menu of contemporary Greek dishes and innovative cocktails, all whilst retaining its signature party feel.
With food being one of the main focuses at the new venue, Head Chef Anastasios Tologlou (previously at Medlar, Dinner by Heston Blumenthal and Coloniales Huerta) has been appointed and created a menu that takes inspiration from his Greek roots combined with his experience from working in some of the world’s top Michelin starred restaurants.
Using the finest seasonal produce and authentic recipes, along with cutting edge cooking techniques, the menu recreates the goodness of the Greek Islands for a modern London audience. The menu will be a mixture of sharing plates, light dishes and delicious grilled meats. Guests can enjoy street food like Souvlaki, fragrant fish dishes and slow cooked succulent cuts with a variety of fresh salads and flavoursome small plates.
Examples from the food menu include:
- Cretan Mini Dakos – Cretan barley rusk with tomatoes, sour Mizithra cheese
- Pastichada Ravioli – veal ravioli with Corfu style tomato sauce, Greek Gruyere cheese
- Chargrilled octopus – fava beans, olive oil, crunchy capers
- 24-hour pork belly Souvlaki – spiced cheese spread, tomatoes and oregano
- Seftalia Sausage Pitta – Cauliflower and roasted garlic puree, tomato and sweet onion salad
- Chargrilled Lamb Rump – smoked aubergine and chickpeas puree and pimento
- Black eye bean and razor clam salad – lemon dressing, shallots, parsley
At the newly re-launched venue, Aquum’s diverse cocktail list of classics, sharing drinks and house infused shooters will be joined by a dedicated list of unusual Greek cocktails, along with selected Greek wine and beer.
Examples from the cocktail menu include:
- Greek Rose Spritz – Metaxa infused with rose petals and Prosecco
- Greek Negroni – Bombay Sapphire, Skinos Mastic liqueur, sweet vermouth, Campari
- Metaxa Espresso – Metaxa, sugar, espresso, Tia Maria
Designed by GMP, the chic and atmospheric interiors combine raw stone and dark leather seating with petrol blue hues and impressive light installations. The ground floor and basement will feature onyx-wrapped bars with walls lined with specialist spirits, as well as eating and drinking areas and a private events space. Upstairs, two staircases link another bar and a 75 cover restaurant and at the top of the building a smaller room is equipped with its own private bar – perfect for dinner parties and special occasions.
Having originally opened in 2007, Aquum quickly became one of the most popular nighttime hangouts on Clapham High Street, and this exciting refurbishment will give the four-story venue a new lease of life with the addition of two new bars and a restaurant. With its enticing new food menu, exciting cocktail list and electric atmosphere, Aquum will provide the perfect one stop destination for drinking, dining and dancing.