In honor of National Coffee Day on September 29, Orbit gum, a subsidiary of Mars, Inc., followed comedian and actress, Nikki Glaser, as she went on a series of coffee dates, bringing Orbit gum along for a just brushed clean feeling between dates and cups of coffee.
In a video (above), Nikki shares the following rules for the perfect coffee date for everyone to use during their own National Coffee Day celebrations. Nikki’s coffee date rules include:
Coffee dates are like days of vacation. You can never have too many!
- Rule #2: Make A Statement With Your Order
Say it loud, say it proud. There’s no shame in your favorite large-caramel-pumpkin-no whip-soy-macchiato.
- Rule #3: Make Sure They Get Your Name Right
You don’t want your date to put you in their phone as Dana when your name is Dan.
- Rule #4: Smiling is Always Good
A confident smile is a turn on. Resting cranky face is not a good look.
- Rule #5: Don’t be a Coffee Shop Cliché
- Rule #6: Just Be Honest
Get it all out in the open. But maybe save your awkward puberty story for the second date.
- Rule #7: More Talking, Less Posting
Save your selfies and hashtags for later.
- Rule #8: End an Awesome Coffee Date with Orbit Gum
Get back that clean feeling after enjoying your coffee, so there’s a chance for a second date.
- Rule #9: Don’t Be Afraid to Fall in Love
Telling your loved ones you met in a coffee shop is way better than in a bar.
- Rule #10: Today is the Perfect Day for a Coffee Date
Orbit gum is celebrating National Coffee Day so everyone can have a just brushed clean feeling after enjoying their coffee.