Mars Wrigley Confectionery U.S., makers of beloved treats including Dove, M&M’s, TWIX, SNICKERS, Skittles, Starburst, Altoids and Extra, announced plans to open the first ever chocolate and candy-inspired pop-up salon based in New York City, just in time for Valentine’s Week.
The experience, set to debut February 13 through 14, will be based at 230 West 39th Street and is currently taking reservations here.
The event is built around insights from a recent report conducted by Mars Wrigley Confectionery, which finds a majority (74%) of people believe a treat is sweeter when shared with a friend, while Americans also confess (66%) sweet treats are a go-to gift for friends and family members.
Promising candy, chocolate, gum and mint-themed “TREATments,” the Sweet Retreat by Mars Wrigley Confectionery U.S. will indulge the senses – not just the palate – with services ranging from signature manicures and pedicures, to blow-outs, style touch-ups and a make-up counter, all infused with the spirit of Mars Wrigley Confectionery’s chocolate, candy, gums and mints.
The brands will even bring a twist to the traditional salon lounge, spotlighting Mars Wrigley Confectionery’s loved products and candy-coating the space – from couches to art installations and even mirrors – making it look good enough to eat. The carefully curated menu of salon services will include:
- The Candy Counter Makeup Bar: Inspired makeup trends by Mars’ chocolate delights: Dove, M&M’s, TWIX, SNICKERS and more.
- The Signature Manicure or Pedicure: Candy shell lacquers inspired by “tasting the rainbow” of Skittles and the “unexplainably juicy” Starburst.
- The SNICKERS Pedi: Let us satisfy those tired feet with a soak for sore muscles, signature scrub and indulge in a SNICKERS while you’re at it.
- The Blowout and Touch-Up Bar: Infused mint blow-outs inspired by the essence of minty favourites like Altoids and Extra.
- The Mars Wrigley Lounge: While you wait for your or your plus one’s appointment, kick back, indulge and relax – sink into our couches for a mini massage or relaxing meditation. Treat yourself to our candy beverage bar, compliments of Mars Wrigley Confectionery products and inspired by our favourite flavours from mint to chocolate to fruity fun.
“Our beloved treats play a unique role in consumers lives, and we wanted to do something fun in tribute to our brand fans this Valentine’s Day,” said Berta De Pablos-Barbier, President, Mars Wrigley Confectionery U.S. “You don’t need a manicure or a blow-out every day, but it’s a nice way to treat yourself now and then – and we look at our products the same way. They’re not an everyday snack, but a treat to indulge in from time to time. We are looking forward to bringing this idea to life by using our iconic brands in an unexpected way –there is no better time to treat each other, and this is the ultimate opportunity to spend time with a loved one.”
In 2017, Mars Wrigley Confectionery surveyed 1,000 adults in the U.S. age 18 and older to understand their treat habits. The full Treat Report insights that inspired the salon will be released on February 12, 2018. Highlights from the study include:
- Almost all Americans (98%) believe they can lead a healthy lifestyle and still occasionally indulge in a sweet treat.
- Americans prefer chocolate or candy (27%) over baked goods or savory snacks when they splurge.
- Over half (53%) would rather give up coffee than chocolate.
- 1 in 4 (28%) bought a treat because they wanted to share a picture of it on social media.
Source: Mars, Incorporated