Rice giants Tilda are launching a new range of Pulses & Rice in ready to heat nutritious single serve pouches, capitalising on the growing pulses market and demand for healthy and convenient meal solutions. Available from June, each of the five strong pouch range combines healthy on-trend pulses with Basmati rice and other delicious wholesome ingredients inspired by popular global cuisine of each variants origin.
Combining plant based protein, slow-release carbohydrate and vegetables, Tilda Pulses & Rice are a source of protein and fibre, count as one of your five a day and are a nutritionally complete meal. Pouches contain no artificial colours, preservatives or flavourings, are gluten free and dairy free as well as being suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
- Chickpea, Harissa & Lemon, inspired by Moroccan cuisine contains a blend of popular chickpeas, authentic dukkah spices, Rose Harissa, spinach, passata, lemon and Pure Basmati rice.
- Japanese inspired Edamame Spring Onion and Chive blends healthy Edamame with spring onion, mirin, spinach, lemon spinach, spring onion, wasabi and chives with wholegrain Basmati rice.
- Pinto Bean, Green Chilli & Lime is Mexican inspired and blends Pinto Beans and black turtle beans with avocado puree, lime, green chilli, smoked paprika, pumpkin seeds and Pure Basmati rice.
- Caribbean inspired Black Bean, Jerk & Coconut blends black eyed beans as well as black beans with coconut, sweet potato, red pepper and traditional Jerk herbs and spices with wholegrain Basmati rice
- Split Pea, Green Chilli and Coriander is inspired by Indian cuisine and contains yellow split peas and mung beans with green chilli, chickpea puree, curry powder, coriander, cumin seeds and Pure Basmati Rice.
Camilla Sheeley, Head of Innovation at Tilda comments: “Consumers are looking for convenient and delicious plant-based proteins as alternatives to achieving a nutritionally balanced diet. Our Tilda Pulses & Rice range combines protein-rich pulses with healthy Basmati rice and vibrant ingredients known for their nutritious characteristics, creating on-trend, nutritionally complete meals in a minute.Variants are inspired by popular cuisines that traditionally use pulses and rice and each variant provides 1 of your 5-a-day. The whole range is perfect eaten hot or cold.”
Already partly steamed for maximum convenience, the new Pulses & Rice pouches only need one minute in the microwave or cold straight from the pouch. The range can be eaten on its own – perfect for lunchtimes, or as part of a larger meal. The gluten-free single serve pouch means that the new Pulse & Rice blends will appeal to both the dinner and lunch time market and caters for increased smaller person households and segmented eating due to busy lifestyles, all of which healthy and convenient meal solutions are key.
The Tilda brand is worth over £70m (UK mainstream market only) and present in over 40 countries worldwide. Within the RTH rice market in the UK Tilda Steamed Basmati, now a £44m is enjoying double digit growth. The launch of New Tilda Pulses & Rice intends to grow penetration and will be supported by ATL, PR and social.
Tilda, a part of the Hain Celestial Group, is adding over £6m year-on-year to the rice category, more than any other brand.