On September 12, Absolut will kick-off Nights by Absolut – the latest iteration of the brand’s Transform Today credo – with a global series of adrenaline-inducing events designed to infuse nightlife with creativity, and offer audiences uniquely one-of-a-kind artistic experiences.
Beginning in Brooklyn, New York, Nights by Absolut will seek to embody the spirit of Absolut’s Transform Today brand ethos. Each event will feature an artistic collaboration that reimagines different elements of nightlife – from the city skyline to the dance floor – turning them into a playground of creativity designed to engineer a previously-untapped territory of imagination and invention.
“When you think of amazing nightlife, you think of New York City. A wondrous mixture of art and culture courses through the streets every night, making it the perfect location to launch Nights by Absolut,” said Joao Rozario, Vice President, Vodkas, Pernod Ricard. “Reflecting the spirit of the Transform Today campaign which launched last year, the city lives and breathes by rules of metamorphosis – challenging norms and pushing boundaries toward a future that is everyone’s to create.”
Over the next four weeks, Absolut will create unforgettable experiences in four of the world’s most celebrated cities – cities known for trend-setting nightlife. Each of the Nights by Absolut events will be captured on film by acclaimed director Melina Matsoukas, who will stitch together moments that define creativity, artistic expression and nightlife for an upcoming storytelling content series.
- September 12: Brooklyn, New York. Artists Vita Motus will use the power of light to transform a pier in Red Hook into one of the most exciting venues in New York City – and the world – for one night only.
- With lights, sound and drinks interactively connected, musical acts AraabMuzik and Alvin Risk will join a secret headliner act in an experience designed to give audiences a dazzling collective rush of adrenaline.
- September 19: Johannesburg, South Africa. Artist Charles Gadeken will transform the dance floor by transforming attendees into the catalyst for an artistic explosion. As the night reaches its climax, audience movement will trigger pyrotechnic effects to create a shimmering shape as the unique landscape of desert and forest are transformed by smoke, sparks and color.
- September 26: Berlin, Germany. Artists Studio XO will merge nightlife and nature, by bringing elements of the outdoors into the conventional club environment. The event will also showcase the fashion of the future, with laser-couture outfits that turn attendees into part of the experience.
- October 3: Sao Paulo, Brazil. Author Marianne Krawczyk will invite Brazilian partiers to an immersive theatrical experience that asks audiences to take on a new persona, challenging people to reimagine who they could be for one night.
“Absolut has a long-standing passion for creativity, and has collaborated with artists for decades. Night by Absolut continues that tradition by bringing the creative vision of artists directly into a night out, allowing them transform the night beyond the ordinary,” says Nodjame Fouad, Director of Storytelling at Absolut.
“By using the night as the canvas, we want to make our mark on nightlife through creativity, and raise the bar of what to expect from a night out.”