Kellogg’s is putting a twist on the signature dishes of world-renowned chefs Thomas Keller and Daniel Boulud. For one night only, select guests experienced an exclusive six-course tasting menu of recipes recreated with cereal at Kellogg’s NYC.
To entice diners and tempt their taste buds, Kellogg’s NYC brought together a team of professional chefs, some of whom recently worked together to win Bocuse d’Or, the most prestigious culinary competition in the world. Chefs Mathew Peters and Travis Swikard were tasked with using Kellogg’s cereal to recreate famous dishes by chefs Thomas Keller and Daniel Boulud.
In addition, chef Harrison Turone from Team USA was on-site to join in this culinary experience. Together, these chefs were not only the first team of Americans to win Bocuse d’Or, but they’re also bonded by mutual support for ment’or, a nonprofit that inspires excellence in young culinary professionals.
“I’m excited to see my fellow ment’or chefs re-create my well-known dishes using a favorite breakfast staple, cereal. You don’t have to be an award-winning chef to get creative in the kitchen and think about food in unique ways,” said Chef Daniel Boulud.
“We’re celebrating the techniques and creativity of some of the world’s greatest chefs,” said Anthony Rudolf, co-owner of Kellogg’s NYC, founder of Journee and former director of operations at Thomas Keller Restaurant Group. “We’ll give guests a chance to experience cereal in a completely new way.”
The participating chefs’ recipe creations reflect their impeccable palettes and creativity for transforming any ingredient – even cereal – into something elevated. Dishes include:
- Chilled Carrot-Ginger Soup: Coconut Cream, Kaffir Lime, Kellogg’s Froot Loops
- Truffle Custard: Kellogg’s Corn Flakes Infused Custard, Black Truffle and Cherry Relish, Celery, Kellogg’s Special K “Chive Chip”
- Salad of Hawaiian Hearts of Peach Palm: Granny Smith Apple, Kellogg’s Apple Jacks, Belgium Endive, Toasted Walnuts, Banyuls Gastrique
- Macaroni & Cheese: Butter Poached Lobster, Mascarpone Enriched Orzo, Kellogg’s Rice Krispies Tuile
- Beef Duo Agrodolce: Kellogg’s Raisin Bran, Radicchio Marmalade, Taragna Polenta, Sauce Forestière
- Coffee and Doughnuts: Draft Latte, Golden Chef “Doughnuts” made with Kellogg’s Honey Smacks, Kellogg’s Cinnamon Frosted Flakes, Dried Cherries, Pecans, Gold Flake
From Thursday, March 30th, through Sunday, April 2nd, the golden chef doughnuts along with cereal bowls designed by Chefs Thomas Keller, Daniel Boulud, Gavin Kaysen, Harrison Turone, Mathew Peters, and Philip Tessier will be available at the café for $8. Proceeds from the bowls will benefit ment’or and will come with a numbered ticket.
Two tickets will be chosen on Monday, April 3rd, and one winner will receive dinner for two at Restaurant Daniel and the second winner will receive dinner for two at Per Se in addition to a Kellogg’s NYC gift bag. Whether you’re at home recreating your own bowl or at the café indulging in a chef-designed cereal bowl, Kellogg’s hopes to inspire all to reimagine the endless possibilities of cereal.
Source: Kellogg Company