Summer is here and Pepsi is making it memorable by delivering incredible, one-of-a-kind fan experiences to some of the hottest music and sporting events, restaurants and travel destinations. The brand announced how it will kick off the season and deliver on its promise of unforgettable moments and exciting prizes with a summer campaign paired with an innovative app inviting fans to “pop open music every hour.”
Starting now and continuing through the season, Pepsi is rewarding fans and their friends with the opportunity to win tickets to their choice of thousands of concerts, every hour.
Additionally, fans will have the chance to access unique music experiences through Pepsi’s new loyalty program and app, Pepsi Pass.
Pepsi Pass is a rewards-based application (available on iOS and Android devices) where consumers earn points by entering and scanning codes on select Pepsi single serve products. In an innovative take on loyalty, Pepsi is also rewarding fans for having fun, enabling them to earn points by simply hanging out with their friends who also have the app.
By downloading and signing up for Pepsi Pass, consumers can enter for a chance at hourly ticket prizing, or access a universe of prizes ranging from trips to the summer’s top music festivals and concerts, a VIP experience during MLB All-Star Week in Cincinnati and dining credit with a range of Pepsi partner restaurants.
“Pepsi’s goal every year is to be at the pulse of pop culture and bring fans closer to the musicians, athletes and experiences they love,” said Linda Lagos, Brand Marketing and Digital Director, Pepsi. “Nothing says summer like outdoor music festivals and live sporting events. We are excited to launch our ‘Pop Open Music’ campaign and Pepsi Pass, which will deliver unprecedented access to these experiences to more of our fans.”
Here is a sampling of how Pepsi will deliver on amazing experiences and prizes this summer:
- Pepsi, through its new partnership with Live Nation, will send fans on a VIP experience to one of summer’s most buzzed about music festivals, Lollapalooza.
- Pepsi and iHeartRadio join forces for another season to bring fans tickets to the iHeartRadio Music Festival in Las Vegas.
- Pepsi will send a few lucky fans to the MTV Video Music Awards in August.
- Summer would not be complete without baseball and Pepsi is working with MLB to bring VIP experiences to fans including an MLB All-Star Week package, viewing of batting practice, field-level tickets to regular season games and more.
- Hundreds of hospitality and food prizes await fans including hotel stays at SLS Las Vegas and Miami and gift cards for Applebee’s, Hard Rock Cafe and more.
Media supporting Pepsi Summer feature two :15 second television spots including the new hit single “Different Colors” from recording artists Walk the Moon, and “We Make it Bounce” from celebrity DJ and producer Dillon Francis. The spots, which highlight the fan fun and experiences that await, are running on national and local broadcast outlets.