The Fourth of July is only days away and the summer of 2015 is about to kick into high gear. No matter what your local weather man is reporting for the upcoming long weekend, one forecast is certain: millennials are ready for an impressive summer bucket list and willing to make some surprising choices in favor of getting out and having fun. Bud Light – the crisp and refreshing beer that has powered summer fun for more than 20 years – released its first Bud Light Summer Bucket List report.
Bud Light and Wakefield Research surveyed 1,000 U.S. millennials ages 21+ about the places, people and experiences that top their summer bucket lists and how they prefer to share the fun with their social networks. Top findings include:
- They are willing to kiss FOMO good bye. 82% of respondents would rather go on a social media diet over not listening to music for a week.
- 88% of millennials surveyed plan to have a more exciting summer than last.
- When it comes to impressing guests at their Fourth of July party, the top choice is to have a celebrity chef man the grill (39%).
- Get ready Chicago! Lollapalooza is the music festival millennials are the most excited about (65% placed it in their top three) and their top platform for showing off concert experiences is Facebook (54%).
- Leave the selfie stick at home. When it comes to meeting their favorite musician, the majority of respondents (74%) would opt to not share any social media posts if it included an all-day beach party experience, versus a 10-minute meet and greet where they could share on their own social channels (26%).
- Table for two please. Dining with their favorite celebrity tops 41% of millennials’ summer bucket lists.
- Some throwback summer time fun is also on the agenda. The top event that represents the start of summer is a backyard barbecue (36%) and their favorite hangout spot is the beach (45%).
“The #UpForWhatever Bud Light Summer Bucket List report confirms that millennials are looking to maximize their summer bucket list experiences and Bud Light is ready to help check items off, with lots of unexpected surprises up our sleeves,” said Alexander Lambrecht, vice president of Bud Light. “We only have 94 days of summer and Bud Light wants to make sure every moment counts.”
This past May, Bud Light brought Whatever, USA – the capital of #UpForWhatever – to Catalina Island for a weekend of unexpected fun. In keeping with the #UpForWhatever spirit, Bud Light launched the Summer Bucket List contest at Whatever, USA’s graduation ceremony to make sure the spontaneous surprises continue all summer long.
This summer, Bud Light wants to make sure beer drinkers across the country check items off their Summer Bucket Lists. Bud Light fans 21 and over can post a summer photo showing how they are #UpForWhatever to Instagram or Twitter with the hashtags #UpForWhatever and #BLContest for a chance to win. Prizes range from Summer Bucket List gear that will keep you cool as the temperature heats up to all-inclusive trips to Las Vegas, Lollapalooza and the Mad Decent Block Party in San Diego.
Bud Light’s Summer Bucket List team will also be awarding people who are #UpForWhatever at concerts, sporting event, outdoor bars and favorite summer hangout spots. Share what’s on your Summer Bucket List and Bud Light might help you check off a few boxes. Plus, make sure to check out the House of Whatever at summer music festivals for a taste of the spontaneous fun that took place this past May at Whatever, USA in Catalina Island.